Denny Wirawan started his career in fashion by joining the Lembaga Pengajaran Tata Busana Susan Budiharjo in 1992. In 1995, Denny Wirawan started his own fashion house and launched the "Denny Wirawan" brand a year later. The style that characterizes this brand is the combination of sexiness, androgyny, and luxury. Then in 2008, Denny Wirawan went and launched an ethnic-focused ready to wear label named "Balijava by Denny Wirawan", followed by "Denny Wirawan Bride" in early 2013. Denny Wirawan has participated in many fashion shows both nationally and internationally, like in the Netherlands, England, the United States, and France. He has even attained several national and international awards.
- First Runner Up of Lomba Perancang Mode (LPM) by Femina Group (1993)
- Favorite of Lomba Perancang Mode (LPM) by Femina Group (1993)
- Best Coloring of Indonesia hand woven by Ministry of Industry (2007)
- Selected as one of the 5 Best Indonesian Fashion Designers by Jakarta Post (2008)
- Award from ASEAN Silk Competition in Bangkok by Thailand Government (2010)
- Best Costume Award The International Textiles and Costume Congress by Institut Teknologi Bandung (2011)