MAJOR MINOR was founded in Jakarta, 2011 by Ari Seputra, Sari N. Seputra, and Inneke Margarethe. Ari and Inneke are the ones responsible for creative workings of MAJOR MINOR, and their expertise in concocting simple details produce a unique quality in their ready to wear products. Meanwhile, Sari focuses on combining the works of Indonesian designers with international styles without losing their roots. MAJOR MINOR's unique style quickly makes it a favorite among Jakarta's urban trendsetters. In 2012, Jakarta Fashion Week invited MAJOR MINOR as one of the participants of Fashion Forward, a program for promising fashion labels. Within the program, MAJOR MINOR was picked as the Best Brand of the Year by the Centre for Fashion Enterprise (CFE) and Jakarta Fashion Week (JFW).
- Best Brand of the Year - Centre for Fashion Enterprise (CFE) (2012)
- First Indonesian Brand to be invited by Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Tokyo for runway show (2013)
- Best Brand of the Year - Plaza Indonesia (2014)
- Collaboration with prominent contemporary artist Eko Nugroho (2015)
- Asia Nominee for International Woolmark Prize (2016-2017)